Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The road to the shining palace is still far from reach.

I didn't take any pictures of Beijing, because it was complete fail and disappointment. Haha. Anyways, I'm in Shanghai now, went to look at the school today, and it was overall satisfactory. I now have a confirmed goal, I will work hard and hope I can fulfill my dream of becoming a musician. 

So I went to look at this school today and the people are pretty good, so I guess the competition will be more difficult, keeping my on my toes. But everyone is so "France-orientated" in terms of fashion design styles, whilst I have my own. I corporate, I suppose, VK and British Goth Punk, and randomness of my own. I compared being a musician as a career and a fashion designer. Even though many adults protest against music as a career, for some reason fashion is alright? It's kind of pointless since it's both the same amount of risk taken. 

I'm planning to integrate music into my designs. Basically, my concept and inspiration is music. My main plan, if I ever get to become somewhat well known in the industry, then I'll ask my favourite bands to model for me. During runway shows, instead of walking around like fags on stage, I'll have them perform! Revolutionary! Haha. I'll make clothes according to a band's "style". Then have artist collaborations! Then, I'll find a band from there after getting aquainted with the scene once again. I hope. D;

I admit the main designers that appear on VOGUE and such now have nice designs, but I want to design clothes that musicians would want to wear, not for Paris Hilton clones who just want to follow the latest trend. I want to make clothes that fit well on normal people, not those 180cm anorexic models who feed off grass and Evian. I mean, seriously, 97% of those designer brand name clothes ONLY look nice worn by models on the runways, but when a normal person wears it looks sick.

Since it's decided now I'll stay in Shanghai, I'm looking for housing now, and school starts in 3 days! ;o

I'm somewhat anticipating. I have been slacking my whole life, I hope to get out of that mode now and try my hardest for something. Please give me support! Thank you non-existent readers! 

Good night! 

 

1 comment:

  1. ooh so you're staying in Shanghai after all~
    sweet ^>^
    don't feel so bad about parents disapproving music ;v;
    doing what you truly want to do gives you the best results~
    (unless it's something genuinely harmful like self-mutilation ahaha)

    can't wait to see designs you come up with <3

    jiayou >v<

    ReplyDelete